Sunday 25 October 2015

Coheed and Cambria release 'Island' video



Watch the new video for Coheed and Cambria's track 'Island':



New album "The Color Before The Sun": The ten-song album marks a bold departure for the NY-based band, who pause the beloved Amory Wars, a seven-album science fiction saga that also bore a comic book empire, in favor of a more personal outing. “It’s very much a time capsule of my last two years,” Claudio Sanchez said in a Mic.com interview. “I created The Amory Wars in 1998 because at the time, I didn’t understand what a frontman or a singer entailed. And I was sort of afraid to share my stories, and I didn’t want my stories to be judged. So I created fictitious ones to essentially hide behind.”

Coheed and Cambria are also giving fans an opportunity to learn more about the individual songs, with a series of behind-the-scenes videos. Clips for “You Got Spirit, Kid,” “Here to Mars” and “Eraser” can be seen via the band’s YouTube page (www.youtube.com/officialcoheed) with new videos rolling out throughout the week.

Rolling Stone declared The Color Before The Sun “a dramatic departure,” Noisey said the new album proves “there are no boundaries for a Coheed and Cambria album” and Alternative Press, in a four-star review, added “the album pops and pulsates with signature Coheed wails and riffs.” The Nerdist, who premiered the band’s ode to the ‘80s video for “You Got Spirit, Kid”, said the new music “features much of what has made Coheed and Cambria a force for the last two decades.”

No comments:

Post a Comment