Saturday 15 August 2015

KuBO release ‘STRANGE’ - OFFICIAL VIDEO



The brand new single from KuBO is available on iTunes. Listen to it now in the official video.



Arriving in two unique versions; the 'Synthwave Mix' & 'Darkwave Mix’, KuBO have given the song two very different musical slants. The first is a classic Synthpop orientated version in reverence to Steve and the music he made. The second, a darker, slower and more sinister mix, in keeping with KuBO’s distinct synthwave sound.

The song itself focuses on Steve's legacy and his unique vision for not only who he was, but how he wanted to portray himself to the world as an artist. He became more than just 'Fade to Grey’, more than an oddity on the cover of a magazine. He become an Icon for a moment in time, the face of a small group of outsiders, who decided the 80’s was their decade, and it was ok to be strange.

The sleeve artwork is taken from ‘Saint Steve Strange’ by New York based artist Matthew Lineham, part of his 'New Wave Saints' Series.

KuBO are a Dublin based electronic duo, producing synthwave/minimal electronic music on vintage analogue synthesizers. Consisting of Brian O’Malley (PolyDROID) and Aidan Casserlt (Glass Dancer). Brian’s ‘Gary Numan’ and ‘Vangelis’ inspired dark, cinematic synth layering’s, under pinned by pulsating bass synth lines and tight drum programming are the perfect counterfoil to the angelic voice of Aidan Casserly, who’s long time fascination with ‘David Bowie’, ‘Jacques Brel’ and ‘Kraftwerk’ make for a meeting of the minds that goes back to the roots of the music the pair made as teenagers.

Those original inspirations, fueled by a fascination with Science Fiction, Avante-Garde cinema, alienation and… Vampires, are once again at the centre of these recordings, which make for a synthetic landscape of brooding, melodic, minimal electronica, with the focus on a pure and deliberate exploration of synthetic sound and evocative vocal melody.

Since forming KuBO have released a cassette single with UK label Vocoder Tapes called “I Dream Electric”, a 7″ vinyl with UK minimal wave label Peripheral Minimal and are currently recording their debut album ‘Straight Lines’.

‘STRANGE’

You’re calling I’m waiting Your image and motion vibrating Paraded and postured The pan stick and lip gloss berated

The damned don’t cry Don’t freeze or die In London vampires cry

Is it him or her? I’m strange, I’m strange Does it matter that I’m strange, I’m strange? I’m seeking fame, not infamy I’m strange, I’m strange On the cover of a magazine I’m strange, I’m strange

I’m blazing Dictating This time bomb is ticking and craving The moment is history The blitz and the mystery

The damned don’t cry Don’t freeze or die In london vampires cry

Is it him or her? I’m strange, I’m strange Does it matter that I’m strange, I’m strange? I’m seeking fame, not infamy I’m strange, I’m strange On the cover of a magazine I’m strange, I’m strange

No comments:

Post a Comment